Software Engineer (full-stack)
Our mission is to make construction safe and sustainable through innovative insurance products.
Shepherd is a tech-enabled MGU writing casualty insurance for middle-market construction. Our mission is to incentivize a safe and sustainable construction industry through innovative insurance products. Shepherd is creating a digital end-to-end insurance procurement experience, leveraging new sources of underwriting data and providing the construction industry with valuable benchmarking metrics. We're backed by Y-Combinator and have raised a Seed Round led by Spark Capital.
We're looking for a talented full-stack engineer who's passionate about what we're building and ready to do the best work of their career.
You would be our dream candidate if...
- You aren't afraid of ambiguity, and it may even excite you
- You enjoy shipping product every day (maybe multiple times a day)
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats while solving problems; as an engineer, product manager, and designer
- You care about the built-world and how to improve construction safety and productivity
- You have some experience with insurance – either from a prior InsurTech role or actuarial role
- You have at least 3-4+ years of working experience (preferably as a full-stack engineer)
About the role
Shepherd's platform consists of three primary elements: data collection, automated underwriting, and policy administration.
- You will own a large area of Shepherd's product experience, in each vertical
- You will work across the stack, even across different disciplines (e.g. underwriting, design, product management)
- You will play an integral role in building our culture as the company grows
- You will collaborate closely with Maureen (PM), Mo (CTO) and the insurance team (underwriters, actuaries and more!)
Our tech stack
- React & Next.js
- GraphQL w/ Apollo
- Cypress.js & Jest
- Postgres & Redis
- GraphQL APIs
Benefits & Perks
Paid lunch, snacks, and craft coffee in the office every day
100% employer contribution to top-tier health, dental, and vision insurance
401K Retirement Planning
Fidi Office with a beautiful patio and dog-friendly
We workout, ski, hike and do many activities together
Some team members you'll work with
Meet the team
Please include links to your GitHub, LinkedIn, or any other relevant info.