Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to make construction safe and sustainable through innovative insurance products.
We're looking for a talented senior software engineer who's passionate about what we're building and ready to do the best work of their career.
You would be our dream candidate if...
- You aren't afraid of ambiguity, and it may even excite you
- You enjoy shipping product every day (maybe multiple times a day)
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats while solving problems; as an engineer, product manager, and designer
- You care about the built-world and how to improve construction safety and productivity
- You care about others' growth and welcome mentoring other engineers
- You have some experience with insurance – either from a prior InsurTech role or actuarial role
- You have at least 4+ years of working experience (preferably as a full-stack engineer)
About the role
Shepherd's platform consists of three primary elements: data collection, automated underwriting, and policy administration.
- You will own a large area of Shepherd's product experience, in each vertical
- You will work across the stack, even across different disciplines (e.g. underwriting, design, product management)
- You will play an integral role in building our culture as the company grows
- You will collaborate closely with Maureen (PM), Mo (CTO) and the insurance team (underwriters, actuaries and more!)
Our tech stack
- React & Next.js
- GraphQL w/ Apollo
- Cypress.js & Jest
- Postgres & Redis
- GraphQL APIs