Shepherd is a Y-Combinator (W21) and venture backed insurtech startup. We recently closed our seed financing (public announcement coming soon) and are growing our product & engineering teams!
This is an incredible opportunity to join us at an early stage in a foundational role. Our mantra is to hire founders for as long as possible. You will be more than just a contributor to our product development and roadmap planning, but rather a thought leader, culture builder, and decision-maker.
We believe contractors deserve to be rewarded for their investments in technology to be safer, more productive, or more efficient. Our mission is to incentivize a safe and sustainable construction industry through innovative insurance products.
Today, Shepherd provides free workflow tools for construction brokers in addition to selling their own commercial insurance products through the same brokerage channel.
We're looking for a talented product management leader who's passionate about what we're building and primed to do the best work of their career.
You would be our dream candidate if...
- You aren't afraid of ambiguity, and it may even excite you
- You enjoy moving quickly and acting as a conduit between underwriting and engineering teams
- You are an exceptional communicator - both written and verbal
- You are extremely detail oriented and sweat the small stuff
- You can easily wear multiple hats while solving problems, and are willing to be client facing to learn directly from our customers
- You have at least 5+ years of working experience (preferably as a product lead)
About the role
The product lead at Shepherd will work closely with the entire team to develop a cohesive vision and strategy for product development.
- You will own the product roadmap (currently two swimlanes: brokerage platform and underwriting engine)
- You will act as a conduit between engineering, underwriting, and BD teams - making sure everyone is aligned on product strategy and upcoming roadmap initiatives.
- You will develop strategic initiatives and set priority with input from team
- You will maintain oversight of PRDs, and assign responsible individuals to own projects. You'll ensure that our roadmap is properly planned and scoped.
- You will interview insurance brokers and contractors (our customers), and incorporate feedback into product strategy
- You will act independently and with your own authority
Our PM tech stack
- Linear (Project & task management)
- Slack (team communication)
- G-Suite (Documentation)
- Figma (design)
- Airtable (tracking)
- Platinum health insurance - 100% contribution by the company, 50% for dependents
- Flexible time off policy
- Work together in our new SF office!
Please include links to your GitHub, LinkedIn, or any other relevant info. Apply now