Business Development, Channel
Shepherd is a tech-enabled MGA (managing general agency) writing casualty insurance for middle market commercial construction. We believe contractors deserve to be rewarded for their investments in technology to be safer, more productive, or more efficient. Our mission is to incentivize a safe and sustainable construction industry through innovative insurance products.
Today, Shepherd provides free workflow tools for construction brokers in addition to selling their own commercial insurance products through the same brokerage channel.
This is an incredible opportunity to join us at an early stage in a foundational role. Business Development at Shepherd is about creating and maintaining relationships with our brokerage partners and customers. You will help us shape our sales motion, define our value propositions to the market, and position Shepherd for long term growth.
We're looking for a seasoned sales or production focused professional who's passionate about the future of construction and eager to come do the best work of their career.
You would be our dream candidate if...
- You aren't afraid of ambiguity
- You're not afraid to get into the weeds with customers when necessary
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills (verbal & written) and a high EQ
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of previous experience selling software to commercial customers or commercial brokerage experience in a producer role.
- You have an aptitude to learn technical concepts and terms
- You are organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
About the role
Shepherd provides free workflow tools to construction brokers as a wedge to sell its own insurance products through those brokers
- Develop new agency relationships from inbound leads and strategic outreach
- Identify target agencies for new outbound campaigns with developed strategies for local, regional, and national firms.
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results
- Run demos and implement individual agents
- Manage all post-sales activities for Shepherd's broker partners through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning and execution
- Own brokers’ satisfaction with Shepherd's services
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions (insurance and technology) and speak with brokers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Work across the stack, even across different disciplines (e.g. underwriting, design, product management)
- Play an integral role in building our culture as the company grows
- Work with our team to help shape future product roadmap.
- Platinum health insurance - 100% contribution by the company, 50% for dependents
- Flexible time off policy
- Work together in our new SF office! (this is also a remote optional role: if so, 100% of your WFH set-up will be compensated)
Please include links to your GitHub, LinkedIn, or any other relevant info. Apply now