Software Engineer (backend)
Our mission is to make construction safe and sustainable through innovative insurance products.
Shepherd is a tech-enabled MGU writing casualty insurance for middle-market construction. Our mission is to incentivize a safe and sustainable construction industry through innovative insurance products. Shepherd is creating a digital end-to-end insurance procurement experience, leveraging new sources of underwriting data and providing the construction industry with valuable benchmarking metrics. We're backed by Y-Combinator and have raised a Seed Round led by Spark Capital.
We're looking for a talented backend engineer who's passionate about what we're building and ready to do the best work of their career.
You would be our dream candidate if...
- You aren't afraid of ambiguity, and it may even excite you
- You enjoy shipping product every day (maybe multiple times a day)
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats while solving problems; as an engineer, product manager, and designer
- You care about the built-world and how to improve construction safety and productivity
- You have some experience with insurance – either from a prior InsurTech role or actuarial role
- You have at least 3-4+ years of working experience (preferably as a full-stack engineer)
About the role
Shepherd's platform consists of three primary elements: data collection, automated underwriting, and policy administration.
- You will own a large area of Shepherd's product experience, in each vertical
- You will work across the stack, even across different disciplines (e.g. underwriting, design, product management)
- You will play an integral role in building our culture as the company grows
- You will collaborate closely with us (Justin, Mo, and Steve) on shaping future roadmaps and making company decisions.
Our tech stack
- React & Next.js
- GraphQL w/ Apollo
- Cypress.js & Jest
- Postgres & Redis
- GraphQL APIs
Paid lunch, snacks, and craft coffee in the office every day
100% employer contribution to top-tier health, dental, and vision insurance
Fidi Office with a beautiful patio and dog-friendly
We workout, ski, hike and do many activities together
The teamMeet the team
Please include links to your GitHub, LinkedIn, or any other relevant info.Apply now