Shepherd is an insurtech offering coverage for middle-market commercial construction. We believe contractors deserve to be rewarded for their investments in technology to be safer, more productive, or more efficient. Our mission is to incentivize a safe and sustainable construction industry through innovative insurance products.
This is an incredible opportunity to join us at an early stage in a pivotal role. Recruiting at Shepherd is about creating a world-class experience for candidates and sourcing the best teammates to accelerate the trajectory of our company’s future. An exceptional candidate experience is critical towards Shepherd’s success as a business, and for this reason we are excited to invest in the function of People Operations & Recruiting early. You will be a foundational member of this team, helping us grow rapidly across several core disciplines.
You would be our dream candidate if...
- You are driven, innovative, and eager to tackle problems in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are comfortable in an early stage environment where things are changing rapidly
- You are an exceptional communicator - both written and verbal
- You can easily wear multiple hats while solving problems and are willing to step outside of the recruiting role where needed
About the role
- Create and maintain an applicant tracking pipeline across all Shepherd functions, including Engineering, Underwriting, and Product.
- Own sourcing, outreach, and follow up for new candidates, adhering to Shepherd’s standards for quality and professional experience
- Screen applicants by serving as the first point of contact, and maintaining communication throughout the candidate journey
- Improve upon and own the candidate experience at Shepherd - think outside the box and create a strategic advantage in our recruiting process
- Work with founders and existing team to develop or update Shepherd’s recruitment plans/goals, including our D&I
- Assist with data analysis for compensation and benefits
- Platinum health insurance - 100% contribution by the company, 50% for dependents
- Flexible time off policy
- Work together in our new SF office!
Please include links to your GitHub, LinkedIn, or any other relevant info.Apply now