Head of Claims
San Francisco / New York / Remote
Our mission is to make construction safe and sustainable through innovative insurance products.
Shepherd is a tech-enabled MGU writing casualty insurance for middle-market construction. Our mission is to incentivize a safe and sustainable construction industry through innovative insurance products. Shepherd is creating a digital end-to-end insurance procurement experience, leveraging new sources of underwriting data and providing the construction industry with valuable benchmarking metrics. We're backed by Y-Combinator and have raised a Seed Round led by Spark Capital.
We’re looking for an experienced claims professional who is passionate about the future of construction and a willingness to embrace new ideas.
You would be a dream candidate if…
- You are driven, innovative, and eager to tackle new challenges in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Professional experience in the P&C insurance industry in a claims role.
- Experience in handling construction and/or liability claims.
- You have advanced communication skills that are required to understand, interpret and convey highly technical information in simple terms to others.
- Ability to collaborate between all different Shepherd business segments such as underwriting, engineering, and business development.
- Looking to utilize new and emerging technologies as strategic tools that will enhance the overall claims process.
About the Role
Shepherd is looking for a Head of Claims who will be responsible for managing and implementing claims programs for all lines of business.
- Serve as the main point of contact for managing the claims process by liaising between the selected TPA, carrier, insureds and distribution partners.
- This individual will be responsible for developing claims oversight procedures and policies with the selected TPA to enhance the processing, investigation, and settlement of claims.
- Maintain consistent communication with the underwriting team on claim results, reserve changes and portfolio trends.
- Obtain and evaluate current information regarding trends in the law; digest and communicate this information internally to assist in underwriting decisions and strategy.
- Oversee the claim stewardship process.
Paid lunch, snacks, and craft coffee in the office every day
100% employer contribution to top-tier health, dental, and vision insurance
Fidi Office with a beautiful patio and dog-friendly
We workout, ski, hike and do many activities together
The teamMeet the team
Please include links to your GitHub, LinkedIn, or any other relevant info.Apply now